If you haven't seen the television show "Gilmore Girls" you are missing on out on some fast talking, diner food eating, book reading goodness. This blog is about celebrating the book reading aspect, but you might also find additional references to "Gilmore Girls" or reading in general throughout. Some awesome soul compiled a list of 349 books read or featured on "Gilmore Girls", and this blog is my attempt to read all of them in two years. Join me for the good, the bad, the oh-my-gosh-i-don't-wanna-read-that, and more. For every book I complete, I will be donating books to children.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Book's I've Abandoned

One of the hardest parts of my Reading Rory challenge will be to pick up books I've previously abandoned. I rarely start a book that I don't finish, so to abandon a book is a big deal.

Here are the one's I've abandoned—who sees the common thread among most of them?


1.) 1984 by George Orwell

33.) Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

38.) A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

50.) Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

58.) David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

73.) The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe

86.) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

90.) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
91.) The Fellowship of the Ring: Book 1 of The Lord of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkein

98.) The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

117.) Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

133.) The House of the Spirits by Isabelle Allende

183.) The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

216.) One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey

250.) The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

No comments:

Post a Comment