If you haven't seen the television show "Gilmore Girls" you are missing on out on some fast talking, diner food eating, book reading goodness. This blog is about celebrating the book reading aspect, but you might also find additional references to "Gilmore Girls" or reading in general throughout. Some awesome soul compiled a list of 349 books read or featured on "Gilmore Girls", and this blog is my attempt to read all of them in two years. Join me for the good, the bad, the oh-my-gosh-i-don't-wanna-read-that, and more. For every book I complete, I will be donating books to children.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Opposite of Fate and The Shadow of the Wind

I had to take a little break from binge reading in order to do things like work at my day job, as well as taking a time out due to being too sick to do anything other than reading, but I am back now!

I just started reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This is a book that I've read previously and loved, but I lent my copy to my uncle who either lent it to someone else or forgot it on a flight, or something...I don't remember the details now. Have you read it? What did you think of it?

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

I previously posted that I my next book would be The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan, and it was. I just never got around to posting about it. I love Amy Tan's memoir, and even though I just read it, I had an urge to reread it right away. Instead of writing a single post about the book, I will be doing a weekly read-and-respond series. As I was reading The Opposite of Fate this time around, I kept having this urge to write responses to several chapters, so that is what I will be doing over the next several weeks. Sometimes my responses will relate directly to the chapter topics, and other times they will be more along the lines of recalling memories that the chapter brings up, and sometimes it may just be a random thought that somehow relates to the chapter. Stay tuned as I plan to write the first response tomorrow!

Amy Tan
The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment