|Image source: GilmoreGirls.wikia.com|
Anyhow, while I watched, I made note of the books mentioned throughout the episode. I tried to get the titles of the books shown when Rory cleans out her locker in preparation for transferring to Chilton, but I couldn't see the titles clearly enough - was my screen too small? Was my ability to freeze frame not good enough? Or were they just not visible? From other websites, it looks like some of the books mentioned were the ones from her locker, but I'm not positive that all of the books from her locker are accounted for. Anyhow, from my watching of the episode and a few other sources, I came up with this list of books from "Episode 1: Pilot" of Gilmore Girls:
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Madam Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
Having just binge watched the entire series, finishing up a couple of weeks ago, I was struck by a few things from the first episode:
- Rory and Dean look SO YOUNG while Lane seemed to appear the same throughout the entire series.
- Emily's hair in the first episode was AWFUL! It made her look much older and as the series progressed and her clothes and hair changed a bit, she looked much better, in my opinion.
- Dean's voice is already fairly deep or developed in the first episode, but changed quite a bit by the end of the series. So did his appearance.
- Sooki stays a bit ditzy throughout, but thank goodness she didn't stay as ridiculous as she was during the first episode! I think her character would have become grating very fast had they continued with her as such a bumbling klutz!
Check out Season 1, Episode 3 HERE.